December 3rd, 2020
Vital Health Pharmacy staff and management wish to assist every one of our clients and their families through this crisis. We have changed our business operations significantly as a result of the pandemic. Our number one priority is the safety of our most vulnerable patients and our staff. We believe that if you and our staff are safe and doing the right things, we will be able to help you without interruption through this crisis.
These are the actions we have taken in the interest of staff and patient safety:
- We now request doctors to fax us prescriptions as our primary and preferred route of prescription intake (safest and most secure). Our fax number in Victoria is 778-433-7071 in Kelowna is 778-738-3196.
- We will only see patients by appointment and who have been screened. We will waive cancellation fees in the event of illness.
- We only accept credit card payment by phone, we no longer accept cash.
- We have doubled the number of delivery shifts, and will increase further if needed.
- We offer pickup service (outside the pharmacy, we will bring to your car)
- Our cleaning protocols have been modified to ensure the pharmacy is and remains a safe space for all staff and appointment-based visitors.
- We require that patients enter the pharmacy one person at a time, and wear masks at all times. Do not enter the pharmacy if feeling unwell we will speak with you by phone and deliver medications at no charge if you are home bound.
- Our business hours will remain 8:30-5:30 Monday-Saturday in Victoria and 8:30-5:30 Monday-Friday in Kelowna.
Should you have any symptoms or health concerns, please contact the BC Health hotline at 8-1-1 or your primary care practitioner’s office. Should you have any questions about our services or your medications, please contact us at 778-433-6060
in Victoria or call us in Kelowna at 778-738-3195
We strongly encourage everyone to follow the guidance of the BCCDC and Public Health office regarding COVID-19 and remain vigilant about social distancing, hand-washing and phone cleaning. Be safe, and know that we are here to assist when you need us.
Your Vital Health Pharmacy Team