March 20, 2020
Vital Health Pharmacy staff and management wish to assist every one of our clients and their families through this crisis. We have changed our business operations significantly as a result of the pandemic. Our number one priority is the safety of our most vulnerable patients and our staff. We believe that if you and our staff are safe and doing the right things, they will be able to help you without interruption through this crisis.
These are the actions we have taken in the interest of staff and patient safety:
- We now request doctors to fax us prescriptions as our primary and preferred route of prescription intake (safest and most secure). Our fax number is 778-433-7071.
- We will only see patients by appointment and who have been screened. We will waive cancellation fees in the event of illness.
- We only accept credit card payment by phone, we no longer accept cash.
- We have doubled the number of delivery shifts, and will increase further if needed.
- We offer pickup service (outside the pharmacy, we will bring to your car)
- We have launched an app called “Vital Health Pharmacy”. To activate the app, first download then call the pharmacy. It allows secure visibility to access refills on file.
- Our cleaning protocols have been modified to ensure the pharmacy is and remains a safe space for all staff and appointment-based visitors.
- The front door of the pharmacy will remain locked at all times. Prescriptions may be dropped off through the mail slot, then staff may be contacted by telephone 778-433-6060
- Our business hours remain unchanged, 8:30-5:30 Monday – Saturday.
Should you have any symptoms or health concerns, please contact the BC Health hotline at 8-1-1 or your primary care practitioner’s office. Should you have any questions about our services or your medications, please contact us at 778-433-6060
We strongly encourage everyone to follow the guidance of the BCCDC and Public Health office regarding COVID-19 and remain vigilant about social distancing, hand-washing and phone cleaning. Be safe, and know that we are here to assist when you need us.
Your Vital Health Pharmacy Team